13th - 20th of July 2020
This is a seven day guided tour in Malangen, biking and mountain hiking. The north of Norway is an experience for the bucket list, with great mountains in all directions, solitary roads, few people, in polar air and the midnight sun. Direct flight from Oslo to Tromsø.
For everyone: The camp is for everyone who would like to experience an outdoor adventure with others. 8 places on this tour. Every day you can choose if you want to bike, hike, or just relax at or around the cabin. This is no race, the goal is to experience the nature.
All meals included: We’d like to introduce you to Norwegian food, that can easily be made on the campfire or in the kitchen. We make the meals together, which will be healthy and well balanced to the activities on the camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served and it’s an open kitchen between meals.
Transport: Pick-up/transport/drop-off to and from Tromsø Airport is included in the price. The camp minibus have room for 9 persons (inc. driver).
Sleeping: Indoor bed every night, but you can also bring your tent if you prefer to sleep outside in the fresh arctic air.
- Bike rides, long or short rides on virtually car free roads (tarmac or gravel). Bring your touring or race bike. You can rent from our partner Tromsø Outdoors.
- Mountain hikes, spectacular mountains up to 1200 meters straight up from the fjords, or shorter walks around the local lakes.
- Campfire, we BBQ and have social gatherings in the evenings
- Wildlife viewing, Bring your camera. It’s common to see birds (eagles), moose, reindeer, hares, otters and squirrels.
- Bathing, and swimming in the Arctic ocean.
- Cloudberry picking, if they have matured.
The amazing arctic landscape of Malangen outside of Tromsø is surrounded by high mountains and deep fjords and is a quiet and peaceful place. You will for sure experience fresh polar air, the midnight sun and a sense of the genuine Norwegian cabin way of life. You will get daily and guided activities, good food and meet people who also enjoy adventure holidays. The activities will be manageable for most people.
The sun never sets and we never get lost in the dark.
We provide guided tours every day, and you have the option between mountain hike and bike ride. You are free to follow the program or do the activities you want.
- Day 1: Pick up at airport, dinner and information about the camp at the cabin in Malangen
- Day 2: Mountain Hike to Rundhaugen og Ryphaugen / Bike ride around Fjellbygda (35 km)
- Day 3: Mountain Hike to Tenneshaugen og Jagarberghaugen / Bike ride to Tennes to see petroglyphs (70 km)
- Day 4: Mountain Hike to Mortenhalsskolten og Fiskefjellet / Bike ride around the Malangen peninsula (85 km)
- Day 5: Mountain Hike to Birtehola / Gravel ride to Aursfjord 82 km
- Day 6: Mountain Hike to Bentsjordtinden / Bike ride around the Malangen peninsula, reverse (85 km)
- Day 7: Return to Tromsø after breakfast
Map shows the location of the cabin (A), and also the route for one of the bike rides we will be doing around Malangen.
Price per person:
Bike rental NOK 2.500,- for one week
- Bike rental, or bring your own
- You can have adjustments such as extending the camp.
We do keep a close watch on the development of the Covid-19 situation and we follow the guidelines from the government at FHI.
Focus on hygiene measures such as frequent cleaning of surfaces and bathroom.
People with symptoms can not participate on the camp. In case of illness, the sick person will be isolated immediately from the group.
The weather in Northern Norway can be unpredictable. The program may change because of weather conditions or adjustment for the group. We will however provide alternative activities.